In this article detail is given of Cleaning SOPs for UV Spectrophotometer, how to clean UV Spectrophotometer in Quality control Laboratory of Pharmaceuticals.
To lay down the procedure for cleaning of UV/VIS Spectrophotometer.
This shall be applicable to the UV/VIS Spectrophotometer installed in Quality Control instrument Laboratory.
- Technical Assistant/ Helper.
- C Analyst.
- Manager-Quality Control.
MATERIAL AND EQUIPMENT:
- UV/VIS Spectrophotometer.
- Clean dry cloth.
- Tissue paper.
- Dilute soap solution.
- Purified water.
- Ensure that the power supply to the instrument is switched OFF before cleaning.
- After completion of the testing, remove cuvette from the sample compartment.
- Remove the solution from the cuvette and wash with respective solvent in which solution is prepared.
- Rinse with water and then with methanol and wipe with tissue paper.
- Air dry and keep it at proper place.
- Clean the outer surface with a clean dry cloth every day. Occasionally wet cloth dipped in dilute soap solution may be used. And dry it with tissue paper.
- Precaution shall be taken to clean the equipment immediately with dry cloth to remove the moisture.
- Keep the record in the log card of instrument.
- Affix the “CLEANED” label and fill the “Cleaning Equipment Log Book”.