Describes Pest and Rodent Control in Pharmaceuticals program including controls for rodents, insects, birds, pets etc. Criteria shall be describe how monitoring is conducted by the establishment or outside contractor. Also includes applicable pest control devices and their locations and chemical application. Only emulsifiable concentrate grade pesticides with known antidote shall be allows to use as per instructions mentioned in Agreement.
To lay down the procedure to Pest and Rodent Control in Pharmaceuticals within the plant.
This SOP is applicable for pest & rodent control within the plant and the factory premises at pharmaceuticals.
- QA Officer.
- Admin Officer.
QA Head shall be accountable for the implementation of this Pest and Rodent Control in Pharmaceuticals SOP.
MATERIAL AND EQUIPMENT:
- All pest control activities shall be performed by outside pest control agency.
- Annual contract shall be done with outside pest control agency.
- The pest control activity shall be performed on weekly basis.
- Only contractor’s trained person shall be allowed for conducting the pest control activity.
- The area and the pesticide points shall be mentioned as per Annexure-I i.e. ‘Pest Control Records
- The person, who shall be involved in pest & rodent control activity, shall be trained and must wear proper gown, nose mask, hand gloves & shoe cover.
- In case of any seasonal affect in environment / climatic change due to which there is increase of insects, flies, etc., additional services shall be taken from contractor & record should be maintained thereof.
- Record shall be checked by QA Officer/ Admin Officer.
- Storage of pesticide shall not be permitted in manufacturing premises.
- Only emulsifiable concentrate (EC) grade pesticides with known antidote shall be allowed to use .
- Reliability of pesticides shall be checked by contractor while procurement along with material safety data sheet.
- Issue, preparation, use and safe disposal of pesticide container shall be the responsibility of contractor’s person, which must be done by them at their end.
- Ensure that the area shall be free from medicament related components during and after the pest control till it is cleaned by housekeeping and permitted by QA for operation.
- Ensure that pest control activity shall be done as per Annexure-I and record shall be maintained by QA Officer/ Admin Officer after review from QA Department.
- Ensure the cleaning of each pest-controlled area for absence of pesticides by QA Officer/ Admin Officer.
- The “Glue pad” shall be placed inside the roda box for controlling the rodents by the contractor’s trained personnel fortnightly.
- The roda boxes shall be identified by a unique number on the basis of their location e.g. RB01
- Roda boxes location & ID no. shall be as:
Where R stands for rodent.
B stands for Box
01 stands for serial number.
- In house inspection of roda boxes shall be done by housekeeping personnel twice in a week in supervision of QA Officer/ Admin Officer.
- During inspection if any rodent shall observed than housekeeping personnel shall clean the roda boxes and place another glue trouble gum pad.
- Rodent shall bury.
- For controlling the insects, insectocutor shall be placed at each entry point and wherever necessary.
- All insectocutors shall be numbered with a unique identification no. e.g. IS01, where IS represent the insectocutor and 01 represents the sequential serial no.
- Monitoring of insectocutor shall be done twice a day and record shall be maintain accordingly.
- Cleaning of insectocutors shall be done daily.
- The numbers of insect and their type (accordingly decide the insecticide or fliocides) shall be count daily and their record shall maintain.
- Insectocutor tray shall clean on daily basis and the killed insect shall bury and record shall maintain accordingly as per Annexure-II.
- The Insecticides / Pesticides used are highly toxic and so avoid contact with skin and eyes.
- Inhalation should be avoided during spraying.
- Oral ingestion to be avoided.
- In case of poisoning, call the physician immediately.