Destruction Of Expired and Rejected Material SOP is described in this blogpost.
This procedure is established to destroy Expired Raw Materials, Expired & Rejected Returned Stock, Rejected In-process products, Rejected Packaging Components and obsolete records & documents.
Warehouse Incharge, QC/QA Manager, Plant Manager and Chief Executive Officer.
Destruction is to be carried out semiannually preferably in the month of
January & July of every year or when ever required.
Segregate and Collected the Items as under:-
1. All rejected Raw Material (Active & non Active.
2. All Rejected inprocess products batches.
3. All Returned and Rejected Finished Stock from market & production.
4. All Rejected Packaging Components and obsolete record and documents.
• Prepare destruction note and sign by QC/QA Manager, Plant Manager and final approval by Chief Executive Officer for destruction.
• All Raw Materials, Inprocess products and finished stock handed over to outer body contractor for destruction by incineration.
• Packaging Components and obsolete record is handed over to sanitation department for destruction by incineration in safe method.
• Destruction process is to be supervised / witnessed by In-process,
Supervisor and Sanitation In-charge.